Wessex AF-160 Flail Mower 1.6m
The bigger brother to the popular AF-120, the AF-160 1.6m flail mower is constructed with the same robust features, but has a deck which is 1.6m wide. Perfect for mulching through dense vegetation and maintaining forestry areas, the AF range of flail mowers are built like a tank!
Designed to perfectly complement the versatility and 'go-anywhere' ability of ATV's and UTV's these flails are built to perform in demanding conditions - year after year.
- High quality flail mowers designed for use with ATV's and UTV's
- AFC series feature a centrally mounted engine as opposed to the AF side mounted engine
- Available in sizes 1.2m, 1.5m and 1.6m working widths
- Four variants of wheel configuration
- Positive manual drive engagement for high performance and long-life
- Three Z-section drive belts for maximum cutting power - Drive is transmitted to the rotor via 3 high performance Z section belts, and a manual clutch. In rough work and dense material, this system is more efficient than a centrifugal clutch & allows the mower to cope with more demanding conditions
- 5mm steel plate deck for durability & strength
- Remote engine stop switch - to comply with H&S regulations all Wessex AF & AFC mowers are fitted with a remote engine kill switch. This ensures that the mower engine can be stopped instantly without the operator needing to leave his seat.
- Cutting height range of between 10mm - 160mm
- Heavy duty Y-pattern flails mulch material, before evenly distributing debris across the full width of the machine
- Simple screw-handle cutting height adjustment - by a simple screw handle mechanism at the rear which alters the position of the wheels, whilst a turnbuckle on the drawbar levels the machine at the desired cutting height.
- Adjustable drawbar to allow mower to be offset for cutting to one side of ATV, this is particularly useful when mowing to an edge.
- Swivelling ball hitch for increased safety this is a standard fitment. This is a legal requirement of the HSE.
- Anti-scalp roller - The full width adjustable anti-scalp roller takes the weight of the machines to eliminate scalping, should a wheel drop into a rut.
This machine is not held in stock. Delivery can be 2-3 working days